Monday, August 9, 2010

Progress in CAS

November 4, 2009:

So far this year with my CAS, I’ve been doing a pretty good job. I’ve managed to attend all my recycling sessions that occurs after-school on Thursdays. Luckily, the two main leaders (Ankit and Juho) decided to make me a sort of coordinator. This way I would act as a group leader of multiple students who would gather all the recyclable materials from different specified buildings. Not only did I help assign them tasks, but I also assisted them in the actual collection of the recycable materials. By doing so, I worked collaboratively with others in this service. This was a sort of grooming for me in becoming the next leader of the recycling group. I learned some valuable leadership qualities from my time as a coordinator.

Yearbook has been going well so far. I’ve managed to complete a couple of pages, but I personally feel that they lack some real art. I believe that I spent more time on the pages, I could come up with more intresting methods to make the pages more artsy. However, I’ve been able to develop some new skills while working with Adobe Photoshop and I find this to be extremely helpful since in the future, I hope to pursue a course relating to computers.

Surprisingly, Action is the one part of my CAS that is suffering since the soccer season hasn’t started. I’ve tried going to the gym, but I didn’t count on the amount of work I would receive from the school and so I’ve only gone twice maybe 3 times since the beginning of the year. As a result, I will have to develop some new time management skills.

However, some good news is that I volunteered for my Embassy by helping out at the Haunted House. I had a lot of fun and it was possibly some of the best work I have ever been able to do. Scaring both kids and adults for around two hours, what more can you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment