Monday, August 9, 2010

Goals For CAS

September 1, 2009:

This year I have just joined a new school which uses the IB system. Part of this system is CAS and though my previous schools had some form of community service, this is the first school to actually take it seriously. As a result, I have decided to set some goals of what I’m going to accomplish as part of my CAS.

1) Service: I decided to do Recycling as my service to the school since it was one of the few that interested me. I felt that by doing this, I was making a direct contribution to my community. Also, I feel that I'm doing something better for this world since the preservation of our planet is a global issue and Recycling is just one step of many at accomplishing this.

2) Action: Out of all the parts of CAS, Action is probably the easiest for me. I’ve already got a membership to a gym and I’m planning on going there on a weekly basis. This is the first time that I've had a membership so it will be a new and intresting experience for me. I’m also planning on trying out for the soccer team in both my junior year and my senior year. So, I believe that I will be able to get my Action part of the CAS done.

3) Creativity: This one is a little more challenging for me. However, for my Wednesday elective, I have chosen Yearbook in order to complete the requirements. This also gives me the opportunity to work with Adobe Photoshop and gain new skills with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment