Monday, August 9, 2010

End of Year Results + Future Plans

June 14, 2010:

Now it’s the end of the second semester of school and my final post for now. I felt that I had a good year with my CAS. I managed to complete most of my goals and more. I volunteered for my Embassy with the Haunted House and participated in “The Crucible”; both great and unexpected activities. I stuck with my Yearbook throughout the year and I’m now contemplating whether or not to take it next year as well. I tried out for SAISA soccer and stuck through the grueling practices and eventually was chosen for the team to go to New Delhi.

I’m now the leader of the Recycling project and hopefully this summer, I’m going to be able to develop some new ideas that will benefit the project.

I’m also taking a summer job right now in the Embassy. I’m working in the Consular section and I’ve been assigned to organize the records of past student Visas that were handed out in 2007-2008. It’s not a very demanding job, but it’s extremely long project to complete. Already I’ve created a table in Excel in order to organize all the information I collect from the records. So far, I have over 300 applicants and I’m not even in the records from October. However, from what I can see from this job, I’m going to develop great organizational skills and it will increase my knowledge over Excel. This is extremely beneficial since Excel is highly used in this school.

No comments:

Post a Comment