Monday, August 9, 2010

Beginning of Semester Two

January 23, 2010:

Two weeks into the second semester of school and already we’ve begun soccer practice. No matter what weather we’re in, we always have a practice. I hold it strong in my mind that I have been able to attend each and every one of the practices. This demonstrates my commitment to the sport. One of the best ones we’ve had was when it was pouring down rain and still we practiced. It was rather refreshing playing in the rain, but eventually our uniforms became drenched with water and for me at least, was starting to constrict my movements. Still, I found it to be an enjoyable handicap.

I’ve also been informed by my two Recycling leaders that they’re going to step down soon and so they’ve decided that Yi-Seul (Shin) and I will become the new leaders. I feel confident that I will do a good job as I’ve already been a coordinator, which has given me some skills in being a leader. However, there is also the ethical problem that Shin and I will just order the students around than rather physically participate in the service. As a result, we have to demonstrate an example to the students by actually assiting them in the collection and by taking the recycalable goods to the Recycling center.

I’m still continuing my Yearbook elective and intend to see it through to the end, despite the fact that I’m a slow worker and have a very little experience using Adobe Photoshop unlike the other members. Luckily, I’m participating in “The Crucible” by Arthur Miller which fits into my Creativity part of my CAS. It's my first time being in a serious drama production, so hopefully the new experince will be enjoyable. I play a man called Cheever and we’re going to have practices on alternating days depending on what act we’re in. The play is scheduled to occur in April and hopefully I’ll be ready by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment