Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Soccer Season Over

Well, its finally over. The soccer season this year was shorter than the last time that I had participated in it, but was just as fun and educational. This years team consisted of many new people who I had never worked with before. However, I quickly overcame this and we soon became a strong team.

We left to Dhaka on Februray 11 with only 12 players when we really should have had 16 players. Despite this disadvantage, the teams at Dhaka soon nicknamed us Iron Men for our strong will to win. In fact, on the first day we won both our games. Next day we faced the American Embassy School, who have been the reigning champion of SAISA for numerous years. This fact didn't stop us from giving it our all and we actually tied with them. Unfourtently, the lack of subs quckily caught up with us and we only managed to get 8th place out of 10. However, as a team we did a superb job in the tournament with only 12 players.

After my time with soccer, I managed to increase my skills in the sport. I can now juggle the ball almost 50 times before it drops to the ground. I can also perform the ' Over the Rainbow' trick. This is a new and exciting skill that I managed to develop due to the extensive amount of time that I spent practicing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment